This blog is my attempt to share information with faculty, introducing new apps, websites, or other snippets of information that may be of use to faculty. I am also using it to keep track of projects I'm working on that might be good to reference in the future.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quick & Easy Remote Support

There are two programs that I've recently heard about that will allow someone to do remote tech support by allowing users to share screens:  
ScreenLeap and QuickScreenShare.

Both user your browser and only require Java.  There is no registration or software to install.  Screen Leap seems a bit more professional looking, but both basically work the same. Here is a snapshop of ScreenLeap once you are ready to share.



Here are the steps for QuickScreenShare - but they are basically the same for ScreenLeap.


First whether you want to share your screen, or view their screen.  Put in a name and click start.

Allow Java to Run by clicking Run this time.


Then Click on Run for the JavaApplet pop-up.


Then you are ready to share :-)
I'll be trying these for the next remote support request I have.

No comments: