This blog is my attempt to share information with faculty, introducing new apps, websites, or other snippets of information that may be of use to faculty. I am also using it to keep track of projects I'm working on that might be good to reference in the future.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kindle Fire Transition - Task Manager

For the past few days I've been checking my email and calendar on the Kindle - and trying not to use the iPad.  The next thing was to transfer over my task manager program (Toodledo). The app I used on my Droid Razr phone was not available on the Amazon store, so I had to follow the instructions from the link in my last post to get the .apk file over to the Kindle.  When I hooked up my Droid, my laptop would not recognize it, so I ended up using DropBox to tranfer the file to my laptop, and then to the Kindle.  All a fairly simple process, just a few more steps.

I then wanted to see about getting the podcasts I sometimes listen to onto the Kindle.  I downloaded the BeyondPod Podcast Manager.  It allowed me to enter the url feeds for my old podcasts to add to it's list of many podcasts.

The next thing I wanted to do was somehow access the iTunes U videos that I'm able to get thru iTunes on my Kindle.  I found an app called TunesViewer.  Here is the link to get the .apk file you will need to sideload: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tunesviewer/

With this I'm able to view the iTunesU library, but I still can't figure out how to play them or copy the RSS feed into BeyondPod Podcast Manager....which the description says it can get.....


No comments: