This blog is my attempt to share information with faculty, introducing new apps, websites, or other snippets of information that may be of use to faculty. I am also using it to keep track of projects I'm working on that might be good to reference in the future.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

GMail Labs

When you go into settings on Gmail there is a Labs section.  It has add-ons for Gmail that are still in the 'testing' stages.  Some of these can add needed features that many people would like to see in Gmail.  Many people moving over from Outlook may be used to a preview pane, which Gmail doesn't have, but that you can  enable in the Labs section.


This makes it easier to see what an email may contain. 


I also liked the feature to add the Google calendar gadget to the inbox so that I can quickly see what I have on my calendar for the day.


No comments: